There are numerous people in the community who go above and beyond their job description on a daily basis because of their strong values, but they rarely receive the recognition they deserve.
The Employee Pillar of Character Awards provide an opportunity for colleagues and employers to nominate these workers. Colleagues and employers nominate workers who they think exemplify the Six Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Caring, Citizenship, Fairness and Responsibility.
- Nominees must work in Martin County
- Winners cannot have been a recipient of the Employee Pillar of Character Award in the previous five years
- CHARACTER COUNTS! Advisory Board members are not eligible
2017 Employee Pillar of Character Award Winners:
- Jim Albury, Florida Power & Light Company
- Allison Boyar, Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School
- Chief David Dyess, City of Stuart Police Dept.
- Dr. Joseph Ferrari, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach
- Vicki Jenkins, Martin County School District, ESE and Student Services
- Melissa Massaza, The Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast
- Lt. Col. Eric Mosby, Martin County High School
- Yvonne Potsko, Martin County School District, Food Services
- Mary Sommer, Sandhill Cove Properties
For more information about CHARACTER COUNTS!, contact Holly Laiben, Director of CHARACTER COUNTS!, at 772-283-4800, ext. 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.