HELP US CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF IMPROVING LIVES
This is your community - now and in the future. Let's make Martin County an even better place for all of us.
In 2022, United Way of Martin County celebrates 50 years of uniting people, ideas, and resources to improve lives. We celebrate YOU: our partners, donors, workplaces, volunteers, and friends for lifting up our neighbors and communities. Your leadership helps local families get the support they need in the areas of education, health, and financial stability—the building blocks for a good quality of life. Can you help us celebrate? Check out some ideas below!
SUPPORT THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN
- Add $50 to your annual gift or give $50 as your first gift
- Make a special gift to honor our year of incorporation, 1972 (i.e. $1,972 or $19.72)
- Make a gift of $50 per pay period (26 weeks) to become a Leadership Giver
SUPPORT THE ENDOWMENT CAMPAIGN
With this milestone, we are working diligently on growing our endowment fund so that United Way of Martin County can continue to be an agent for change in our community for the next 50, 100, or even 150 years.
What is an endowment?
- An endowment is a permanent fund that is carefully invested for growth. It provides a dependable revenue stream year after year.
- Donations to the endowment remain intact and the investment returns are used to support the organization’s mission.
- The endowment fund helps stabilize funding in challenging economic times when human services needs are heightened.
- It also adds capacity for emergency response programs or disaster relief.
- United Way is constantly working to ensure that we are positioned to respond to the priority needs in our community – now, 10 years from now and well beyond.
Even if you plan to live to 150, you still need to make a plan. United Way’s endowment fund allows our most loyal supporters an opportunity to create a lasting legacy and extend their support beyond their lifetime.
- Some prefer deferred gifts – such as including United Way of Martin County in wills or bequests or other planned gifts such as making United Way of Martin County the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, IRA or retirement plan.
- You can also support the endowment fund now through traditional gifts, donated stock, or with a Donor Advised Fund.
- Qualified Charitable Deductions from an IRA are yet another tax-savvy way to support your community and meet the IRS’s Required Minimum Distributions (RMD).
- Your tax professional or financial advisor can help guide you.
VOLUNTEER TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS
- Rally 50 new volunteers at your workplace or pledge to volunteer 50 hours this year
- Join a United Way Citizen Review Panel
- Collect 50 lbs of food for a local food pantry
- Put together 50 school supply kids or donate 50 books for children