United Way of Martin County benefits from the guidance, leadership and advocacy of a dynamic and dedicated 22-member board of directors. As United Way enters its 50th year of caring for the Martin County community, the organization also welcomes its 2021-2022 executive officers and board members.
Kherri Anderson, deputy of elections outreach, Martin County Supervisor of Elections Office, will serve as chair of the board of directors. Anderson has been a United Way board member since 2015.
Geoff Lieberman, vice president store manager, Macy’s, will serve as board chair-elect, and Bryan Garner, director of communications, NextEra Energy Resources, will serve as campaign co-chair.
United Way welcomes two new members to the board of directors, Kathryn (Muffin) Adamiak, Tocqueville Society chair, and George Stokus, assistant county administrator, Martin County Board of County Commissioners.
All board members are heavily involved with advancing United Way of Martin County’s strategic plan and its goal to lift the community through programs that give children the skills to succeed, help residents gain access to care and adopt healthy lifestyles and help adults achieve long-term financial stability so they can support themselves and their families.
“We are fortunate to enjoy the partnership of such an accomplished, passionate group of business leaders who lend their support and guidance to this community,” said Carol G. Houwaart-Diez, United Way of Martin County president and CEO. “Their insight and leadership is invaluable in creating real and lasting community change.”
2021-22 United Way Executive Committee
- Chair: Kherri Anderson, Martin County Supervisor of Elections
- Chair-elect: Geoff Lieberman, Macy’s Treasure Coast
- Treasurer: Mark Roberts, HBK CPAs and Consultants
- Secretary: Elliot Paul, Elliot Paul and Company Auctions
- Immediate Past Chair: Gene Zweben, Zweben Law Group
- Kathryn (Muffin) Adamiak, Tocqueville Society Chair
- Michael Borlaug, Capstone IT
- Amy Bottegal, South State Bank
- Tom Campenni, retired
- Mary Anne Cannon, Pratt & Whitney
- Blake Davis, Publix Supermarkets
- Bryan Garner, NextEra Energy Resources
- Chuck Geary, Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith
- Tamara Matthew, Bank of America
- Dr. John Millay, Martin County School District
- Ruth Pietruszewski, Martin County Tax Collector
- Chuck Shaffer, Seacoast Bank
- George Stokus, Martin County Board of County Commissioners
- Joseph Tumminelli, City of Stuart Police Department
- Dave Wishart, Sikorsky
- Yvette Zamoyski, Wells Fargo
Ex Officio Member:
Robert Tweeddale, Wells Fargo
About United Way
United Way of Martin County’s mission is to lift the community and change lives together through the collective power of advancing the common good. Since 1972, the United Way has been working to create long-term social change and provide support to Martin County residents by investing in programs that strive to: end hunger, strengthen families, enhance healthy living, improve education, support employment and ensure safety.