United Way of Martin County benefits from the guidance, leadership and advocacy of a dynamic and dedicated 27-member board of directors. As United Way kicks off a new campaign season, the organization welcomes its 2017-18 executive officers and board members.
Chad Hastings, attorney at Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith PLLC, will serve as chair of the board of directors. Hastings has been a strong supporter of United Way for several years and served as campaign chair in 2015-16.
Denise Ehrich, senior vice president marketing strategist at U.S. Trust, will serve as chair-elect. Amy Brunjes, regional manager of external affairs at Florida Power & Light Company and Bob Brunjes, president and publisher of Treasure Coast Newspapers will serve as campaign co-chairs and Lynn Blackard, Rehmann will serve as Treasurer.
United Way welcomes four new members to the board of directors, including Blake Davis with Publix Super Markets; Jean Laws-Scott with the Law Office of Jean Laws-Scott; Blake Norman with Marsh & McClennan and Elliot Paul, with Elliot Paul & Company Auctions.
All board members are heavily involved with advancing United Way of Martin County’s strategic plan and its goal to lift the community through programs that give children the skills to succeed, help residents gain access to care and adopt healthy lifestyles and help adults achieve long-term financial stability so they can support themselves and their families.
“We are fortunate to enjoy the partnership of such an accomplished, passionate group of business leaders who lend their support and guidance to this community,” said Carol G. Houwaart-Diez, United Way of Martin County president and CEO. “Their insight and leadership is invaluable in creating real and lasting community change.”
2017-18 United Way Board of Directors
- Chair: Chad Hastings, Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith PLLC
- Chair-elect: Denise Ehrich, U.S. Trust
- Fund Distribution Chair: Gene Zweben, Esq., Zweben Law Group
- Strategic Planning Chair: Taryn Kryzda, Martin County Board of County Commissioners
- Treasurer: Lynn Blackard, CPA, Rehmann
- Advocacy Chair: Ademil Castrillo, Wells Fargo
- Secretary: Carol G. Houwaart-Diez, United Way of Martin County
- Immediate Past Chair: Crystal Stiles, Florida Power & Light Company
- Amy Albury, Florida Power & Light Company
- Kherri Anderson, Martin County Supervisor of Elections
- Thomas Campenni, City of Stuart
- Jane Cebelak, retired
- Blake Davis, Publix Super Markets
- Lt. Mike Dougherty, Martin County Sheriff's Office
- Laurie Gaylord, Martin County School Board
- Reed Hartman, Hartman Auction Group
- Geoff Lieberman, Macy’s, Jensen Beach
- Elliott Paul, Elliott Paul & Company Auctions
- Lisa Peterson-Sanders, MTM, Inc.
- Ruth Pietruszewski, Martin County Tax Collector's Office
- Chuck Shaffer, Seacoast Bank
- Dave Wishart, Ph.D., United Technologies – Pratt & Whitney
- Campaign Chair: Bob Brunjes, Treasure Coast Newspapers
- CHARACTER COUNTS! Chair: Blake Norman, Marsh & McClennan
- United Way Foundation: Jean Laws-Scott, Law Office of Jean Laws-Scott
- Martin County Interagency Coalition: Renay Rouse, Martin County Health Department
- Volunteerism Chair: Frank Tidikis, Vietnam Veterans of America Council 1041