Security and Donor Privacy The privacy of your personal information is of the utmost importance to United Way of Martin County (UWMC). Any information gathered by UWMC will be kept confidential.
The information, which UWMC gathers is used solely to accurately credit and recognize individual donor contributions.
- UWMC will not sell, rent or trade personal information to any third party.
- We will take special care to protect the privacy and security of your information.
- Personally identifiable information will be shared with a third party if we are required to by law or it is necessary for completing an authorized operation, for instance to process a credit card transaction.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, UWMC maintains physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information it collects online and protect you from the loss, misuse or alteration of information you provide to us through donation transactions.
- UWMC uses high-grade 128-bit encryption through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and the https security protocol for secure online commerce transactions to ensure your information is safe and secure to the fullest extent possible.