The mission of Volunteer United is to engage people of all ages and backgrounds in volunteer service that enriches the individual and strengthens the community.
Volunteer United provides direct services to Martin County residents through three internal programs:
United Way Holiday Project:
The United Way Holiday Project provides food and toys to struggling families referred to the program by local nonprofit and social service agencies, thus avoiding the duplication of services.
RSVP engages people 55 or better in meaningful and challenging opportunities that will have a demonstrable impact in the community.
HandsOnMartin engages the community in Days of Service such as Family Volunteering Day, United Way Day of Caring, and other done-in-a-day projects that bring groups of people together in service to the community.
United Way of Martin County coordinates pre and post disaster services and serves as ESF 15 at the Emergency Operations Center.
Presidential Service Awards
participating organization for volunteer hours
Certificate Training: training for Volunteer Resource Managers to ensure that have the knowledge and tools to build the capacity for effective volunteer management
Volunteer Resource Management educational and networking group
Our Advisory Council is comprised of business leaders,
volunteers, and United Way representative
- Frank Tidikis, President - Vietnam Veterans of America Council #1041
- Denise Ehrich, Past President - United Way Board and
Bank of America Private Wealth Management
- Kherri Anderson – United Way Board and Deputy Supervisor of Elections
- Jane Cebelak – United Way Board
- Denise Eldredge - MC Board of County Commissioners
- Larabee Johnson - Volunteer
- Eric Kiehn - C&W Computers
- Ron Medeiros – Consultant