United Way of Martin County benefits from the guidance, leadership and advocacy of a dynamic and dedicated 21-member board of directors. The organization welcomes its 2023-2024 executive officers, board members and campaign committee.
Geoff Lieberman, vice president store manager, Macy's Treasure Coast, will serve as chair of the board of directors. Lieberman has been a United Way board member since 2015.
Elliot Paul, Elliot Paul & Company Auctions, will serve as board chair elect.
Two new members are welcomed to the board of directors: Joshua Ferraro, Lesser, Lesser, Landy and Smith and Michael Maine, Martin County School District Superintendent.
All board members are heavily involved with advancing United Way of Martin County's strategic plan and its goal to lift the community through programs that give children the skills to succeed, help residents gain access to care and adopt healthy lifestyles and increase adults’ long-term financial stability so they can support themselves and their families.
"We are fortunate to enjoy the partnership of such an accomplished, passionate group of leaders who are committed to building a stronger community," said Carol G. Houwaart-Diez, United Way of Martin County president and CEO. "Each plays a role, bringing a different perspective and area of expertise to our work."
2023-24 United Way Executive Committee:
- Chair: Geoff Lieberman, Macy's Treasure Coast
- Chair-elect: Elliot Paul, Elliot Paul and Company Auctions
- Treasurer: Mark Roberts, HBK CPAs and Consultants
- Secretary: Tamara Matthew, Bank of America
- Immediate Past Chair: Kherri Anderson, Martin County Supervisor of Elections
- Kathryn (Muffin) Adamiak, retired
- Michael Borlaug, Capstone IT
- Amy Bottegal, SouthState
- Tom Campenni, retired
- Mary Anne Cannon, Pratt & Whitney
- Blake Davis, Publix Supermarkets
- Joshua Ferraro, Lesser, Lesser, Landy and Smith
- Bryan Garner, NextEra Energy (FPL)
- Arati Hammond, Keller Williams Treasure Coast
- Richard LoSardo, MD, Psychiatrist
- Michael Maine, Martin County School District
- Ruth Pietruszewski, Martin County Tax Collector
- Jennifer Salas, Martin County Library System
- Chuck Shaffer, Seacoast Bank
- Dave Wishart, Sikorsky
- Gene Zweben, Zweben Law Group
About United Way of Martin County
United Way of Martin County's mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. Since 1972, the United Way has been working to create long-term social change by investing in programs that strive to improve Martin County residents' education, health and financial stability.