United Way of Martin County announces board chair, board members and campaign committee
United Way of Martin County benefits from the guidance, leadership and advocacy of a dynamic and dedicated 24-member board of directors. As United Way celebrates its 50th year in Martin County, the organization welcomes its 2022-2023 executive officers, board members and campaign committee.
Geoff Lieberman, vice president store manager, Macy's Treasure Coast, will serve as chair of the board of directors. Lieberman has been a United Way board member since 2015.
Elliot Paul, Elliot Paul & Company Auctions, will serve as board chair-elect. Amy Bottegal, SouthState, will chair the organization's annual fundraising campaign. She has assembled a campaign committee of volunteer leaders who will work to increase financial support for United Way of Martin County's work in the community.
United Way welcomes four new members to the board of directors: Alessandro Anzalone, Indian River State College; Arati Hammond, Keller Williams Treasure Coast; Richard LoSardo, MD, psychiatrist; and Christopher T. Soska, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health.
All board members are heavily involved with advancing United Way of Martin County's strategic plan and its goal to lift the community through programs that give children the skills to succeed, help residents gain access to care and adopt healthy lifestyles and help adults achieve long-term financial stability so they can support themselves and their families.
"We are fortunate to enjoy the partnership of such an accomplished, passionate group of business leaders who are committed to building a stronger community," said Carol G. Houwaart-Diez, United Way of Martin County president and CEO. "Each plays a role, bringing a different perspective and area of expertise to our work."
2022-23 United Way Executive Committee
- Chair: Geoff Lieberman, Macy's Treasure Coast
- Chair-elect: Elliot Paul, Elliot Paul and Company Auctions
- Treasurer: Mark Roberts, HBK CPAs and Consultants
- Secretary: Tamara Matthew, Bank of America
- Immediate Past Chair: Kherri Anderson, Martin County Supervisor of Elections
2022-23 United Way Board Members
- Kathryn (Muffin) Adamiak, Tocqueville Society Chair
- Alessandro Anzalone, Ph.D., Indian River State College
- Michael Borlaug, Capstone IT
- Amy Bottegal, SouthState
- Tom Campenni, retired
- Mary Anne Cannon, Pratt & Whitney
- Blake Davis, Publix Supermarkets
- Bryan Garner, NextEra Energy Resources
- Chuck Geary, Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith
- Arati Hammond, Keller Williams Treasure Coast
- Richard LoSardo, MD, Psychiatrist
- John Millay, Ph.D., Martin County School District
- Ruth Pietruszewski, Martin County Tax Collector
- Jennifer Salas, Martin County Library System
- Chuck Shaffer, Seacoast Bank
- Christopher T. Soska, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health
- Joseph Tumminelli, City of Stuart Police Department
- Dave Wishart, Sikorsky
- Gene Zweben, Zweben Law Group
- Angela Aulisio, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health
- Sarah Baker, First Citizens Bank
- Nick Blount, volunteer
- Amy Bottegal, SouthState
- Deputy Chief John Budensiek, Jr., Martin County Sheriff's Office
- Patty McAuley, Seacoast Bank
- Randy Pennington, SouthState
- Lisa Satur, SouthState
- Leslie Warren, Seacoast Bank
- Sue Whittington, Morgan Stanley
- Tom Whittington, Manatee Pocket Yacht Sales