There are numerous people in the community who go above and beyond their job description on a daily basis because of their strong values, but they rarely receive the recognition they deserve.
The Employee Pillar of Character Awards provide an opportunity for colleagues and employers to nominate these workers. Colleagues and employers nominate workers who they think exemplify the Six Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Caring, Citizenship, Fairness and Responsibility.
- Complete the one page information cover sheet.
- Then, in 1,000 words or less, explain how the employee demonstrates good character, work ethic, and at least one of the Six Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship.
- Finally, provide a letter of recommendation from someone other than you, the nominator, so we know why you believe they are deserving of this recognition. Be sure the letter addresses the nominee's good character and work ethic.
- Include the nominee's name on all pages of the application including the letter of recommendation.
- Nominations are due Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- Up to ten outstanding employees will be recognized at their place of business in March!
- Nominees must work in Martin County
- Winners cannot have been a recipient of the Employee Pillar of Character Award in the previous five years
- United Way of Martin County Board members, CHARACTER COUNTS! Advisory Board members, and employees of United Way of Martin County and our project sponsor, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health, are ineligible.
2017 Employee Pillar of Character Award Winners:
- Jim Albury, Florida Power & Light Company
- Allison Boyar, Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School
- Chief David Dyess, City of Stuart Police Dept.
- Dr. Joseph Ferrari, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach
- Vicki Jenkins, Martin County School District, ESE and Student Services
- Melissa Massaza, The Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast
- Lt. Col. Eric Mosby, Martin County High School
- Yvonne Potsko, Martin County School District, Food Services
- Mary Sommer, Sandhill Cove Properties
For more information about CHARACTER COUNTS!, contact Holly Laiben, Director of CHARACTER COUNTS!, at 772-283-4800, ext. 234 or email email@example.com.