Did you know United Way is the official Martin County partner for organizing Volunteers and Donations during a crisis?
United Way of Martin County and our Volunteer Center have a long history of promoting volunteerism in our community, and in preparing for and recovering from disasters.
United Way is the lead agency for any community member or group who wants to volunteer in the post-disaster recovery in our community. Our team is also responsible for organizing, tracking, consolidating, and distributing all donations that may come into Martin County after a major disaster.
Stay in the know by downloading or following these helpful and trustworthy organizations and services.
- ALERT MARTIN:Text the word ALERTMARTIN to 888777 to sign up for emergency alerts
- Visit the County’s website for a hurricane guide, info on open shelters, and evacuation zones. https://www.martin.fl.us/Hurricane
- National Hurricane Center - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- National Weather Service - https://www.weather.gov/mfl/
- Call 911 if your household needs emergency assistance during a storm.
Help After a Hurricane:
- Our partners at the 211 Helpline are a great place for resources after a disaster. Call them 24/7/365 at 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211.