Job Title: United Impact Coordinator
Department: Marketing/Volunteer United
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Impact
Status: Full time exempt employee
Who We are Looking For
Are you a community-oriented self-starter with a passion for mobilizing people to get involved in making their community a better place? Do you know how to manage multiple projects and develop strategies to bring people and stakeholder groups together around a common goal?
The United Impact Coordinator will apply their relationship and project management skills to support a portfolio of projects around UWMC's Impact goals in Education, Financial Stability and Health. This includes managing Community Impact projects/initiatives, coordination of community stakeholders affiliated with programs or initiatives, and supporting volunteer events.
What You Will Do
Impact Job Duties:
- Assist with the coordination and administration of the Community Impact Fund grant distribution and reporting process. Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the administration of the grant applications, grant reports, and volunteer assignments in e-CImpact software
- Providing excellent customer service to UWMC staff, community agencies, panel volunteers and the Fund Distribution Committee, including meeting coordination and support.
- Assist with building, nurturing and strengthening relationships with UWMC’s nonprofit partners, fellow funders, and other stakeholders to understand the issues, challenges, needs and opportunities in our community.
- Monitor UWMC’s progress in achieving Community Impact multi-year outcomes and measures; identify gaps in UMWC’s service response in Community Impact target areas and initiate new relationships/programs to address goals.
- Support ongoing Community Impact initiatives/activities through development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation to include (but not limited to): VITA, Tools for Success, Born Learning Trails, and Emergency Food and Shelter Program, Toys for Tots, Special Events, United Way Holiday Project.
- Participate in the development and management annual budgets pertaining to Volunteer United, Community Impact, and Toys for Tots.
Volunteerism Job Duties:
- Assists the Volunteer Center component for those individuals that are under 55 years of age and/or not a part of the AmeriCorps Seniors program.
- Will work with the team to provide volunteer opportunities for local corporations in our community. Especially with the Holiday Program and eventually serve as the liaison with Toys for Tots.
- Will coordinate and assist with Annual Day of Caring.
Other Job Duties:
- Serve as liaison to local nonprofit collaborations, steering committees, and task forces representing community impact focus areas.
- Maintains all records and documentation for all program activities necessary for accountability.
- Due to its leadership role United Way is called upon to support the community during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
What You Need
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and a sharp attention to detail. Ability to manage many concurrent projects, prioritizing and planning for highest productivity.
- Relationship Building Skills: Skills to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders and create a consistent, positive experience for volunteers and organizations at every touch point. Must be a team player.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience preferred in fundraising, volunteer engagement, community engagement or related experience.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal skills; able to interface and collaborate with all departments and ability to represent United Way in a variety of settings. Comfort conducting presentations. Experience working with committees and volunteers preferred. Experience writing non-profit, government or private foundation grants preferred.
- Technology Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Teams.
What’s In It For You
- Complete benefits package including medical and dental insurance. 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching provided.
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Send resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position to email@example.com with the following subject line: Application for United Impact Coordinator.
- Position will remain open until filled.
- The salary range is $45,000 - $60,000 depending on experience.
About United Way
United Way of Martin County brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Martin County’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability. United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more at www.UnitedWayMartin.org