Job Title: Development & Outreach Coordinator
Department: Development/Resource Development
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Who We Are:
United Way of Martin County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an independent affiliate of the United Way Worldwide network that serves Martin County. We are celebrating 50 years of delivering on our mission to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
Who We are Looking For:
Are you a dynamic self-starter with a passion for rallying people to get involved in making their community a better place? Do you know how to cultivate relationships and develop strategies to generate support? United Way of Martin County is seeking a Development & Outreach Coordinator to create, build, and sustain relationships with community and business leaders, corporate partners, volunteers, and donors throughout Martin County. The Coordinator will play a key role in the development, organization, promotion, implementation, expansion and assessment of all philanthropic avenues to increase financial support and organizational awareness. There is room for growth within the organization with proven ability to perform, meet targeted goals and accept additional roles and responsibilities.
What You Will Do:
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work directly with the Director of Philanthropy as a member of the resource development team and in close collaboration with Marketing and Community Impact teams to achieve fundraising goals.
- Develop and implement successful fundraising and relationship building strategies to retain and grow corporate partnerships
- Seek out and secure additional revenue streams including sponsorships, corporate gifts and grant opportunities.
- Build and steward relationships with corporate partners, donors, and volunteers.
- Effectively communicate United Way of Martin County’s mission and initiatives through outreach efforts, including public speaking and presentations to various constituents and audiences.
Other Job Duties:
- Assist with all fundraising efforts including but not limited to special events, employee giving campaigns within workplaces, securing sponsorships, submitting online funding requests and supporting direct mail appeals.
- Maintain accurate donor records and ensure current information is reflected in database/CRM.
- Pull database reports for analysis and provide regular updates to the Director of Philanthropy.
- Seek out and facilitate opportunities to represent United Way of Martin County in the community.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and presentations.
- Work interdepartmentally on the tracking of fundraising revenue.
- Consistently maintain effective communication with United Way of Martin County staff members, volunteers, donors, and corporate partners.
- Due to the leadership role United Way plays in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Philanthropy.
What You Need:
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and sharp attention to detail. Ability to manage many concurrent projects, prioritizing and planning for the highest productivity.
- Relationship Building Skills: Skills to establish and maintain high-quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders and create a consistent, positive experience for donors, volunteers and organizations at every touchpoint. Must be a team player.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience preferred in fundraising, community relations, sales or marketing. Experience working with or knowledge of United Way operations is desirable.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal skills; able to interface and collaborate with all departments and ability to represent United Way in a variety of settings. Comfort conducting presentations. Experience working with committees and volunteers preferred. Experience writing non-profit, government or private foundation grants preferred.
- Technology Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams. Experience with database/CRM management.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $52,000 - $55,000
- Benefits: Employee benefits include paid health, dental, and life insurance, paid time off, a retirement plan including employer contributions and match, and participation in optional supplemental insurance plans.
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers.
How to Apply:
- Submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.