FREE TAX RETURN PREPARATION FOR YOU BY VOLUNTEERS
What is VITA?
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program provides free income tax return preparation to hard working taxpayers earning up to $54,000 annually per household. VITA helps working families take advantage of all of the tax credits they are eligible for including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), and education credits. Volunteers from the community help prepare basic, current-year tax returns for eligible taxpayers free of charge.
Who can benefit from VITA?
Individuals and families who earn up to $54,000 annually are eligible to receive free tax preparation services.
When can I visit a VITA site?
VITA Season: All VITA sites will be open to serve our community beginning the end of January through last day of the tax season in April annually.
What do I need to bring to a VITA site?
The following items are needed to prepare your tax return:
- Driver's License or Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for all members in your family
- All W-2 Forms
- If filing jointly, your spouse must be present
- Copy of prior year tax return
- 1099 Forms (if applicable)
- 1099-G Unemployment Benefits
- 1099-INT Interest from your bank
- 1099-R Pensions, Annuities, Retirement Plans
- Account Numbers for electronic deposit of refund
Who to contact for additional information?
Call 772-283-4800 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Besides our VITA sites, if you prefer filing online, we’ve got that covered too. Individuals who make less than $64,000 can visit MyFreeTaxes to file for free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In addition to the convenience of filing at a time that works for you, MyFreeTaxes utilizes secured software, so you have the peace of mind that your information is safe. MyFreeTaxes also offers help with filing questions through phone, chat or email.